#15 Double Knit Hat / Bird on a Wire Hat
ERRATA: Shaping Inner Crown
The inner crown is worked in stockinette (purl every round), so the decreases for the inner crown will be worked slightly differently than for the outer crown (knit every round).
Simply substitute Purls for any Knits in the “shape crown” instructions. For example, the first two decrease rounds will be: *P2tog, p32; repeat from * around-132 sts. P 1 rnd.
For a truly reversible hat, work both inner and outer crown to the same length. As written, instructions are for a slightly shorter inner crown (not intended to be reversible).
Pattern description from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2009:
Stubenrauch’s cheery Bird on a Wire skyline hat is fully reversible, double-knit in navy and goldenrod “Gems Fingering” from Louet North America. Once the colorwork has been completed, work each layer separately in stockinette stitch.
* 1 1.75oz/50g hank (each approx 185yd/169m) of Louet North America, Gems Fingering (superwash merino wool) each in #56 navy (MC) and #65 goldenrod (CC)
* One size 1 (2.25mm) circular needle, 20”/50cm long or size to obtain gauge
* One set (5) size 1 (2.25mm) double-pointed needles
* One size B-1 (2.25mm) crochet hook
* stitch markers and scrap yarn
77 & 116-117