#16 Cape Collar Jacket
Pattern description from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2007/08: “Provocatively ladylike, a seed-stitch cardi coat by Vladimir Teriokhin sports a fitted ribbed waistband, cabled ‘skirt’ and sleeve cuffs, and an oversized shawl collar with braided borders. it’s stitched in Plymouth yarn’s ‘King George.’”
“Standard-fitting jacket worked in seed stitch with cabled edges, ribbed waist, shaped sides and over-sized cape collar. Sized for Small, Medium, Large and shown is size Small on page 81.”
- Small (Medium, Large)
- Bust (closed) 38 (40, 43)”/96.5 (103, 109)cm
- Length 26 (26½, 27)”/66 (67, 68.5)cm
- Upper arm 13½ (14½, 15¼)”/34 (37, 39)cm
- 18 (19, 21) 1¾oz/50g skeins (each approx 105yd/96m) of Plymouth Yarns King George (alpaca/wool/cashmere) in #100 ecru
- One pair size 4 (3.5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Size 4 (3.5mm) circular needle 32”/80cm length
- Cable needle, stitch holders
- Two 1½”/38mm buttons
- A 3-st collar line is worked along the left and right front neck edges to facilitate a collar support that is worked later into this line of sts as described.
- The increasing and decreasing that takes place in each cable segment is always worked along with the first cable crossing (for the inc) and along with the last cable cross (for the dec).
- A 2-st rev St st selvage is worked on all seam edges.