#20 Lace Stole
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2010: “Intricate as a coral reef, Young’s wide lace stole is knit in an overall latticelike pattern and edged with garter stitch. it’s knit in Patons’ ‘Grace,’ a fine cotton.”
“Rectangular wrap worked in an allover cable and lace lattice pattern.”
Knitted Measurements: Approximately 20 x 62½”/51 x 158.5cm
- 9 1¾oz/50g skeins (each approx 136yd/125m) of Patons Grace (cotton) in #62009 buff
- One pair size 5 (3.75mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- Cable needle (cn)
- 24 sts and 31 rows = 4”/10cm over chart pat using size 5 (3.75mm) needle.
- TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE
- To make chained selvage, work the last st of each row by k1tbl. Slip the first st of each row purlwise wyif, then bring yarn to back of work between sts to work 2nd st.
- Add new skein of yarn at edge by working 2nd st of row with both old and new skeins.
Shown on page 64. Pattern begins on page 96.