#22 Halter Top
Knit.1 Summer 2007 #22
By Liz Nields
SKU: K1SU07_22 (1119)
Pattern description from Knit.1, Summer 2007:
“The key to Liz Nields’s ribbed halter, in fiery ‘Bamboo Silk’ from The Great Adirondack Yarn Company, lies in the dual keyhole openings: Work the bodice flat, then gather the open stitches at beginning and end together into a circular keyhole. Pick up stitches and knit the bottom band in the round along the bodice; this creates a triangular second keyhole when the pieces are attached.”
- 4 skeins in Oulie Orange of Bamboo Silk by The Great Adirondack Yarn Company, 4oz/113g skeins , each approx 232yd/212m (silk/bamboo)
- One pair size 3 (3mm) needles or size to get the gauge
- One pair size 3 (3mm) circular needle, 24 or 29”/60 or 75cm long
- X-Small (Small, Medium, Large)
- Bust (unstretched) 27 (31, 35, 39)”/68.5 (78.5, 89, 99)cm
- Length 13½ (13½, 14, 14)”/34.5 (34.5, 35.5, 35.5)cm (along side edges, without straps)
- This top is meant to be stretched to fit; choose a size approximately 2”/5cm smaller than your body measurement.
- The halter section is worked lengthwise, then joined in the center. Stitches for the body are picked up and worked down.