#22 Lace Shawl
Knit.1 Spring/Summer 2008 #22
design by Susan Haviland
SKU: K1SS08_22 (797)
Pattern description from Knit.1, Spring/Summer 2008: “A top-down triangle shawl by Susan Haviland opens up in a contemporary floral-lace pattern; the petal edges are knit on afterward. It shimmers, dewlike, in silk/Seacell ‘Fil de la Mer’ by Tilli Tomas.”
- 4 hanks in Decco Coral of Fil de la Mer by Tilli Tomas, 1¾oz/50g hanks, each approx 140yd/128m (silk/seacell)
- Size 5 (3.75mm) circular needle, 24” or 29” (60cm or 75cm) length or size to get the gauge
- Two size 5 (3.75mm) dpn for edging
- Rubber band or point protector, blocking pins for finished and stitch marker
- The shawl is worked from the neck down. The lace edging is knit on afterwards.
- Practice pattern repeat a few times before beginning shawl. It will help you ‘see’ the pattern.
- Count stitches frequently at the end of the row.
- The shawl was wet blocked and stretched.