#225 The One Hat
Every once in a while, a great knitting pattern will come your way and you’ll enjoy knitting it over and over. This lace hat is “The One” for me and easily for you too!
This has all the elements I love:
- Lace that is easily “learned,” but never boring!
- A ribbed band (for a great fit) that blends beautifully into the lace and can be easily lengthened.
- A nicely shaped crown ending in a lovely floral motif at the top.
- An easy-to-follow chart AND written instructions for ALL rounds.
- One ball of most worsted-weight yarns will do = stash-buster!
- So cushy soft and practically collectible when knit up in cashmere/Merino wool blend yarns, like those shown here.
- Eye-catching, multi-dimensional lace patterning that screams “I was not mass produced on a machine, but lovingly hand-knit by a skilled knitter!”
- Seamless, easy finish. Weave in two ends and you’re good to go!
- Versatile, slouchy fit for adults that is also just adorable on kids.
- Even more covetable when embellished with a pompom. Sew on a fake fur one, or (with a little extra yardage) make a matching yarn one. You might even choose to up the fun factor by making your pompom with a fluffy mohair or glittery contrasting yarn!
I’ve already knit up 4 of these in less than 4 days and enjoyed every stitch (AND I cleared a little stash)!
Gauge: 16 sts = 3 ¾” 9.5 cm and 25 rnds = 4” 10 cm in Lace patt, gently blocked.
While Capra is listed here on Ravelry as a DK-weight yarn, it is knit up more like a worsted-weight yarn here. For substituting, please use a DK weight that has the loose plies, like Capra, which will fill in the fabric, or choose a soft worsted weight (probably not heavy worsted).