#23 Opera Gloves / Expanding Cable Gloves (Snow Maiden Gloves)
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2008/09: “Long gloves are the season’s it accessory. This exquisite opera-length pair by Elli Stubenrauch is knit from fingertip to elbow in Louet North America’s ‘Gems Fingering.’ The twisted-stitch cable pattern grows larger as it travels up the arm and disappears into the ribbed band.”
“Skin tight opera-length gloves, knitted from fingertip to elbow, with a cable pattern worked in twisted stitches running the length of the arm.”
- Hand circumference 7.25”/18.5(21)cm
- Length (from wrist to cuff) 12.75”/32.5cm
- 3 1.75oz/50g hanks (each approx 185yd/169m) of Louet North America, Gems Fingering (superwash merino wool) in #90 paisley
- 2 sets (10) size 1 (2.25mm) double pointed needles or size to obtain gauge
- Cable needle and stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- The gloves are knit from fingertip to cuff with the cast-on and first rows worked flat, and the resulting sts joined for circular knitting in the foll rnd.
- All five fingers are worked first and moved to spare dpns until they are needed.
Pages: 76 & 109-110.