#24 Multi Motif Afghan
Pattern Description from Knit.1, Fall/Winter 2008:
If you’ve been waiting for a project to use up the many yarn remnants in your stash, you’ve come to the right place. Kathy Merrick’s crocheted afghan gets its groovy on with eighteen shades of Cascade 220 by Cascade Yarns. Three motif shapes (granny squares, circles and stars) of various sizes - no two of which are the same colorwise - are joined at the points for an airy, eclectic look. We’ve used all solids here, but feel free to mix in any multi’s you have hanging around for even more depth.”
- 3 hanks each of Cascade 220 by Cascade yarns, 3.5oz/100g hanks, each approx 220yd/201m (Peruvian highland wool) in the following colors #8686 Chocolate (A), #2427 Rust (B)
- 1 hank each in the foll colors: #8021 Oatmeal (C), #9465B Orange (D), #9469 Pink (E), #7814 Green (G), #4010 Goldenrod (H), #9404 Red (J), #7816 Sky Blue (K), #9467 Cornflower (L), #9422 Strawberry (M), #7818 Royal Blue (N), #8891 Teal (O), #8892 Dark Teal (P), #8393 Navy (R), #8886 Eggplant (S), and #9341 Raspberry (T)
- Size J/10 (6mm) crochet hook or size to get the gauge.
The Measurements: Approx 64” x 64”/162.5 x 162.5 cm after blocking.
- Large motif is 12.5” x 12.5”/32 x 32cm
- Star motif is 8.5” x 8.5”/21.5 x 21.5cm
- Square motif is 5” x 5”/12.5 x 12.5cm
- Be sure to get the gauge.
- In the color sequence, I and Q are not used. See diagram for color layout to foll the photo OR use your own color combination. The colors for the larger circle are worked with first 2 rnds of one color, one rnd of another color, 2 rnds of either A or B; one rnd each of 2 different colors and then finally with 3 rnds in either A or B.
- Star motifs are worked with the 2nd rnd in color T and the first and 3rd in another color.
- Square motifs are worked alternately with rnds 1 and 3 in N and rnds 2 and 4 in another color AND rnds 2 and 4 in N and rnds 1 and 3 in another color.
Pages: 55 & 81-82.