#25 Giraffe Trio
Pattern description from Knit Simple Magazine, Fall 2006: “Cold little necks deserve to be warmed by a long scarf in the form of a friendly garter-stitch giraffe. His stripey stockinette friends happily snuggle hands and head.”
Knit Tip: “The cheerful faces on the hat and mittens are knit on separately, then attached with a chain stitch that matches the fringed tails on topper and muffler.”
- Encore DK by Plymouth Yarn Co., 1¾oz/50g balls, each approx 150yd/137m (acrylic/wool)
- 1 ball in #1383 orange (A)
- 2 balls in #1382 yellow (B)
- One pair each size 4 and 6 (3.5 and 4mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Size G/6 (4mm) crochet hook
- Stitch holders
- Two ½”/13mm and two 3/8” / 10mm white 4-holed buttons
- Tapestry needle, black sewing thread, fiberfill.
- Hat and mittens are sized for Child’s size 2 (4).
- Scarf shown in one size.
- Scarf 4.25” x 42”/11.5 x 106.5cm
- Hat circumference 16.5 (18)”/42 (45.5)cm
- Mittens (length of hand) 5 (6)”/12.5 (15)cm