#26 Medallion Scarf
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Holiday 2009: “Round as rabbit holes, floral medallions and dangling discs are joined with other shapes in a whimsical wrap that incorporated short rows, bobbles, calbes and fringe. Mari Tobita designed it in Bergère de France’s ‘Lima.’”
“Individually knit medallions joined to cabled strips to create a crescent-shaped scarf.”
Knitted Measurements: Approx 63½” x 8½”/161 x 21.5cm
- 7 1¾oz/50g skeins (each approx 120yd/110m) of Bergère de France Lima (wool/alpaca) in #226.491 baikal
- One set (5) each size 3, 4 and 5 (3.25, 3.5 and 3.75mm) double-pointed needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- One size 3 (3.25mm) circular needle, 24”/60cm long
- One pair size 4 (3.5mm) straight needles
- Cable needle
- Stitch markers
- 25 sts and 32 rows = 4”/10cm over St st using size 4 (3.5mm) needles
- Large medallion = 8½”/21.5cm using size 3 (3.25mm) needles
- Small medallion = 5¾”/14.5cm using size 3 (3.25mm) needles
- TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGES
- To find the charts and diagrams for this pattern, visit our website and click on “CHARTS.” Or, to receive copies by mail, send a SASE to SOHO Publishing Holiday ‘09, 233 Spring Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10013
- Unless otherwise indicated, sl sts purlwise with yarn held at WS of work.
- Work medallions with dpns, changing to circular needle when sts no longer fit on needles.
Note: Yarn is listed as DK weight in the magazine pattern but is actually listed as sport weight on Ravlery.