#28 Picnic Bag
The canvas boat tote gets a whimsical update with mock basketweave stitchery. The body is worked in one piece, then trimmed in contrast garter stitch. Cotton-tape handles, a buckram frame and a dotted fabric liner all lend form and fabulousness. Work it in Cotton DK.
Approximately 46 x 33 x 10cm/18 x 13 x 4in
• Seven balls of Debbie Bliss Cotton DK in Avocado 20 (A) and one ball in Navy 18 (B).
• Pair of 4mm (US 6) knitting needles or size
to obtain tension.
• 4mm (US 6) circular needle.
• 44 x 113cm/171⁄4 x 441⁄2in piece of buckram.
• 59 x 80cm/231⁄4 x 311⁄2in of cotton lining
fabric (not with a one way design).
• 120cm/471⁄4in in each of 2.5cm/1in wide
and 4cm/11⁄2in wide cotton tape.
• Sewing thread.
May 2015: 5 page PDF includes the Bag, Thermos cover, and cutlery roll from this same issue.