This scarf was born from three competing desires: 1) To use up two skeins of yarn, one smooth and one furry; 2) To not bore myself to tears while doing it; and 3) To make something that would be popular in the ASIS&T III Auction. I’m pleased to say that it succeeded on all counts!
Additional fun facts about this scarf:
- It’s completely reversible, because there’s an odd number of rows in the pattern repeat
- While the pattern isn’t quite as boring as garter stitch, it’s still pretty mindless, so is a good baseball/football/basketball/conference talk project
- It gets alternating ridges of stockinette/reverse stockinette (depending on your perspective) between garter dips
- The MicroSpun is really soft and drapey, making this a surprisingly supple scarf
- It was immensely popular in the auction, which just goes to show that people love those Muppets!