Pattern description from The Celtic Collection: “In this design I have worked the same pattern using warmer shades to give a change of mood. This is a classic, dropped shoulder jacket in an easy, loose fitting style.”
- One size to fit bust 86-102cm/34-40”
- Width underarm (buttoned) 132cm/52”
- Length from top of shoulder 76cm/30”
- Sleeve length 41cm/16¼”
Gauge: 20 sts and 22 rows to 8cm (18sts and 21 rows to 3”), measured over chart patt, using 3 3/4mm (US5) needles and working the patt on right side only, breaking off the yarns at the end of every row.
- Yarn: Rowan Lambswool Tweed; Rowan DDK; Rowan Kid/Silk; Rowan LDK; Rowan Wool/Cotton.
- A. Dark Ore Lambswool Tweed (183) 150g; B. Pillar Box LDK (45) 50g; C. Sienna LDK (77) 125g; D. Kohl Lambswool Tweed (185) 100g; E. Russet DDK (663) 100g; F. Red Rust DDK (627) 100g; G. Bluster Lambswool Tweed (184) 50g; H. Garnet Kid Silk (992) 25g; I. Cinnamon LDK (78) 50g; J. Steel Blue Kid Silk (991) 50g; K. Musk Wool/Cotton (913) 40g; L. Blue Grey DDK (65) 50g; M. Ruby Red DDK (651) 50g; N. Crushed Berry Kid Silk (993) 50g; O. Dark Green DDK (658) 50g; P. Rose Pink DDK (70) 50g; Q. Potpourri Kid Silk (996) 50g; R. Dark Emerald Lambswool Tweed (182) 50g; S. Dried Rose Silkstones (825) 25g.
- Note: Dried Rose Silkstones is used doubled throughout.
- 1 set of double pointed or circular needles in 3¼mm (US3) and 3¾mm (US5).
- 3 Stitch holders.
- 2 Safety pins.
- Stitch markers.
- 12 buttons.
The pattern chart is the same as for the Alba Sweater, and a kit for the sweater is available at Virtual Yarns. Yarn amounts and pattern instructions will vary from the Jacket pattern that appears on page 15 of The Celtic Collection.