Alchemy Kitty & Pup
Pattern description from Handknit Holidays: “Gina Wilde has been dressing animals since she was small - though she no longer puts blue eye shadow on her Siamese cat, or a black velvet bikini on her English bull terrier, as she did as a child. Instead, she’s called upon these fanciful feline and canine friends, bold and adorable gifts that children can dress and undress all they please.”
- Alchemy Lone Star (55% mohair / 45% merino); 135 yards / 100 grams; 3 skeins each in #81f house finch (A) and #31e olive branch (B).
- 2 skeins each in #49s punky (C) and #59s rainforest (D).
- Alchemy Synchronicity (50% silk / 50% wool; 110 yarns / 50 grams): 1 skein each in #48a passion flower (E), #82w Janboy’s sapphire (F).
- Odd scraps of yarn for embroidering facial features (both); hair and collar (cat); bandana detail (dog).
- Shown in book in the following colors: Kitty (A); Pup (B); Skirt (C); Blouse (E); Overalls (D); Bandana (F).
- One pair straight needle size US 8 (5 mm)
- One 16” circular (circ) needle size US 8 (5 mm)
- Two double-pointed needles (dpn) size US 8 (5 mm)
- Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Notions: Yarn needle; stitch holders;fiberfill or other stuffing (for bodies); embroidery needle
Additional Gauge: 20 sts & 26 rows = 4” (10 cm) in stockinette stit