Pattern Description from knitty.com: “This piece was my opportunity to play with knitting a piece sideways.
Garter stitch, when stretched out, functions like ribbing, producing a delicate effect akin to the boning found in corsets. Short-row shaping allows knitter to customize the top to accommodate different bust sizes. The entire piece can be worked to be longer by casting on more stitches, and can be worked to have more coverage in front by knitting additional rows of garter stitch on the sides. This piece is supposed to be worn very tightly so the garter will stretch out.
As shown in the photos, the piece can be laced in traditional or creative ways to suit your style. Thank you to Nyle Seabright for the lacing suggestions!”
SIZE S (M, L, XL)
- Chest: 24.5 (26.5, 28.5, 30.5) inches (the corset stretches, so subtract at least 10” from your chest measurement when picking a size - for example, the smallest size fits a 36” chest comfortably)
- Length: 7.5 (7.5, 7.5, 7.5) inches
- (MC) ArtFibers Corsetto 66% cotton, 44% nylon; 74yds per 50g skein; color: #1 Ecru 1; 4 (4, 4, 4) skeins
- (CC) ArtFibers Memoire 100% merino wool; 105yds per 50g skein; color: #4 Old Mauve; 1 (1, 1, 1) skeins
- US #10.5 (6.5mm) straight needles
- 1 1 inch button
- US G/6 (4.5mm) crochet hook
- Safety pins
- Tapestry needle
17 sts/24 rows = 4” in stockinette stitch