I love pomegranates, i’m actually addicted to them visually, symbolically and taste-wise.
In regions that they grow, including Cyprus (where I live) they symbolize prosperity and fertility and are often given as wedding favours. In China it is also a very common symbol for wishing the new year to be a ‘fruitful’ one.
This is a PDF pattern with which you can make a quick Pomegranate for yourself or as a present to the loved ones.
Basic knowledge of crochet is required (US terms), at least how to make chain/s, slip stitch, single and half double crochet stitches, increase, working into front and back loops.
MAIN MATERIALS AND TOOLS:
- Thick & DK, Acrylic, Cotton or Bamboo yarn in desirable colour
- Hook size 4mm
- Stuffing material
SUGGESTED YARNS & HOOKS and FINISHED SIZES:
- Kartopu Gipsy 50% acrylic - 50% wool yarn & hook size 4.0mm; Finished size: 10cm (4in) tall x 8cm (3in) diameter
- Lane Cervinia Caprice acrylic yarn (2 strands together) & hook size 3.5mm; Finished size: 9cm (3 ½in) tall x 6cm (2 ½in) diameter
- King Cole Bamboo cotton (2 strands together) & hook size 3.5mm; Finished size: 9cm (3 ½in) tall x 6cm (2 ½in) diameter
- King Cole Bamboo cotton & hook size 1.75mm; Finished size: 5.5cm (2in) tall x 4cm (1 ½in) diameter
- DMC Cébélia Cotton size 10 (2 strands together) & hook size 1.75mm; Finished size: 5cm (2in) tall x 3.5cm (1 ½in) diameter
- If you are planning to use a different yarn brand or type, use a hook size at least 1.0mm less than suggested on the label of the yarn to create tight stitches (applicable only for yarns not cotton threads)
Instructions are written in English and expressed in US crochet terms.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have :)
VERY, VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
By purchasing any 4 or more of my patterns you will get the fourth one for free. Simply add 4 or more patterns to your shopping basket and the least expensive pattern will be, automatically, chosen as a free pattern; for 8 patterns the 2 least expensive becomes free and this goes on. Please note ‘Combos’ are not eligible for this offer as they are already offered at a discount.
PLEASE HAVE IN MIND:
- You may not copy, resell, translate, post on the internet or redistribute (fully or partially) this pattern.
- Mass production and Internet sales of finished items based on this pattern are not allowed. If you are interested in doing so please contact me.
Thanks for looking :)
Blog: Toma Creations