An Aran for Anne
Part of the Indie Design Gift-A-Long 2015. Use coupon code giftalong2015 for 25% off this pattern (valid from 8:00pm EST 11/19/15 until 11:59pm EST 11/27/15)
The elegant Miss Anne Elliot merits her own pretty pullover, with empire-style waist shaping and a variety of twisted stitch patterns to keep you interested. Elegant Ribbing accentuates the waist shaping, while budding (bobbling) vines wind their way up front, back, and sleeves, recalling Anne’s love of the countryside. And the easy-to-remember Inverted Gull Stitch pattern nods to her beloved, Captain Frederick Wentworth, much at sea.
Like An Aran for Frederick, An Aran for Anne is worked in the round from the bottom up. The yoke is a saddle-shouldered hybrid style. Waist-shaping and a wider, almost boat-style neck ensure that shapely Anne won’t be mistaken for manly Frederick!
What you’ll love about knitting An Aran for Anne
- Gorgeous cable patterns that use a variety of knitting techniques
- Worked in the round from the bottom up, so you are always looking at the right side of those cables
- Hybrid construction brings all the cable elements together in the yoke in a way that is fun to knit and all but eliminates finishing work
What you’ll love about wearing An Aran for Anne
- Shaping hidden in the purl fabric of the central cable plus the Elegant Ribbing at the sides forms a sweater that hugs your curves in all the right places
- Neckline shows off your lovely collar bones
- Feminine, nature-inspired cables make this one seriously pretty sweater
All cables and twisted-stitch patterns are charted.
Women’s XS (S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X) (shown in size M with one inch negative ease)
Bust circumference: 29¼ (32¾, 37½, 40½, 45¼, 48¼, 53) inches
Louet Gems Worsted (100% superwash Merino; 175 yds 160 m/100g): Steel Grey, 5 (6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 10) skeins
Size 6 (4 mm): 16- and 29-inch circular (cir) and double-pointed (dpn) needles (ndl)
Markers (m), including one different marker for end-of-round
Cable needle (cn)
Waste yarn or stitch holders
Working in the round
Working stitches out of order (cabling)
Working from charted instructions
Chart Errata for Jane Austen Knits version (applies to Climbing Rose, Elegant Ribbing, and Fancy Vine)
Fifth symbol in key should read “sl 1 st onto cn and hold in front, p1, k1 from cn”.
Seventh should read, “sl 1 st onto cn and hold in front, p2, k1 from cn”.
Questions or comments about my designs? Please join the Kathleen Dames Design group here on Ravelry.