Atalanta is a top down raglan shirt knit in a soft cotton blend, perfect for spring. Atalanta was a princess in Greek mythology, strong and capable and fast of foot. This comfortable and practical garment, loose fitting, but with flattering dart shaping, strikes me as a sort of modern take on something a Greek huntress might wear. The simple lace edging adds a point of interest for the knitter, and creates something a little different than the usual tee shirt.
Atalanta replaces the Arthemis tee pattern.
28 (32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52) inches - (Pick size closest to actual bust size for a sweater with 7% positive ease at bust.)
- 6 (6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9) balls Knit Picks Shine Sport (60% Cotton, 40% Modal®; 110 yds per 50g ball) in MC - shown in Serenade
- 1 (1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) ball Knit Picks Shine Sport (60% Cotton, 40% Modal®; 110 yds per 50g ball) in CC - shown in Leapfrog
- U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm) 24 or 32 inch circular needles
- U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm) dpns or long circular needle for Magic Loop
- U.S. size 4 (3.5 mm) 32 inch circular needles
- tapestry needle
20 sts/26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch