I designed this dress for my precious granddaughter Audrey. Audrey first wore her sundress July 2011, as of today (October 21, 2012) she is still wearing it. Her mother asked for it to be knit long to begin with and now she wears it as a top with pants. The dress being modeled by Audrey has a less full ruffle than the pattern design. Due to the design the dress can be worn for more than one season.
This sundress begins with a provisional cast on, the bodice being knit first, then the provisional is picked up and the dress is knit. The design is knit stockinette in the round, with very few purl rows. The only sewing is the Kitchener Stitch to attach the straps to the back portion of the sundress.
The bodice of the dress has 5 rows of seed stitch and an eyelet flower.
The pattern includes a link for the Kitchener Stitch, and the Provisional Cast On.
Have the problem of what season is your little one going to be in a certain size. As shown in some of the photos, this dress can be worn as a jumper if the weather is a little cool.
• 3 – 9 months
• 9 – 15 months
• 15 – 24 months
• Double Knit (DK) weight yarn
• Stitch markers
• Darning needle
• 5 yards scrap yarn in contrast color for provisional cast on
• Stitch holders
• US6(4mm) double point (not required, but may be useful)
• US6(4mm) 16” circular or 24” circular
• US6(4mm) 16” circular or 32” circular (for the ruffle)
• Crochet Hook F (3.75mm)
• 4 inches = 23 sts / 30 rows
• Provisional Cast On
• Kitchener Stitch
Additional Pattern Details:
• Includes Chart for Flower Eyelet
• Chart instructions are written out, line by line
• Detailed knitting instructions in a professionally designed layout
• Tested and edited
• Easy-to-read font, instructions, charts & diagrams
• File size: 496 KB
• 3 pages, full color
For more information, see: http://www.heirloomgoods.com
Do you like my designs and want to join me on this journey? Please check out Heirloom Goods Knitters Ravelry group for discussing my patterns and for test knits. This group is where you can check out my MKALs.