Autumn Leaves Tote Bag
This colorful tote will remind you of the hues that arrive with the changing of the seasons. Simple crochet stitches make up the body of the bag, but your choice of fabric for the handles, flower and lining will make it unique.
Errata: In the photo caption for Round 1 of the bag bottom, it should say to repeat the pattern of (2, 1, 2, 1) ---NOT (2, 2, 1) dc in the row-end of each hdc row. The PDF will be updated soon.
This pattern includes clear step by step photos for all of the sewing and crocheting involved.
Skill Level: Beginner (with Advanced Beginner sewing skills)
Finished Size: Bag (not including handles) measures 12” tall and 14” wide.
• Nashua “Creative Focus Superwash”, 50 % merino, 50% wool, 3.5 oz (100 g)/ 218 yards (199 meters), 2 skeins in #35 Espresso (A) and 1 skein # 019 Bright Orange (B) OR any CYCA weight category 4 yarn (You can also try a sport weight yarn for a smaller bag)
• Size F-5 (3.75 mm) hook or size to obtain gauge
• 4 stitch markers
• Yarn needle
• 1 yard 45” wide home decor weight fabric
• Sewing machine and matching thread
• Scissors and Pinking Shears (optional)
• Four 1 ½”-wide D rings