I knew that there is no preparation for parenthood. I expected an adjustment; I experienced a transformation. My little snowflake turned out to be an avalanche.
Avalanche is worked bottom up, from brim to crown. Stretchy one by one stockinette forms the band; the snowflake crown is created by slipped stitches and rapid paired decreases.
Avalanche is a quick and easy project suitable for beginners. Requires familiarity with knitting in the round and working slipped stitches.
• One size (newborn). Circumference: 13 inches. Length: 6 ½ inches.
• Yarn – 25 grams (68 yards) of sport weight
• Gauge – 24 stitches and 32 rows make 4”x4” in stockinette
• Needles – Set of size 6 double pointed needles
• Darning needle
• Measuring tape or row counter
• Three place markers to separate the sections (optional)