Aviatrix is a fun, fast pattern for the cutest, best fitting baby helmet you will find. Worked on straight needles with instructions for 3 weights of yarn and 6 basic sizes this will become your “go to” last minute baby hat pattern, unassuming when it comes off the needles it needs to be placed on a baby’s head to reveal it’s true potential!
PLEASE READ before downloading
1) I’m sorry that I can no longer answer questions or provide email/message support for this pattern. If you need help, or have questions I gently suggest that you ask them in the Just Jussi group. (please check the Aviatrix thread before asking, your question has probably been answered). You can also click the “forum posts” tab as your question has probably already been asked. Thank you
2) There are numerous language versions available.
If you are using a PC you may not see all of them, press “tab” until you see the version you require. The English language version is called “Aviatrix.pdf”.
3) The pattern states the copyright rules very clearly. I’m afraid I can’t keep up with the number of emails from people who want to knit this hat and sell through ETSY or a craft market, PLEASE read the licence, if you meet the criteria you don’t need to contact me.
4) Short rows I have given basic wrap and turn instructions, if you would like less visible short rows you will need to use another short row technique, there are books, youtube videos and website devoted to these.
5)I have completely re-worked the sizing for this hat - you now have 7 sizes and 3 yarn weights to work from - sport, DK and Worsted.
The smallest size will fit a newborn and the largest will fit a small adult - just be sure to use a good elastic yarn such as a woollen spun wool for the best fit.
6) Teaching an Aviatrix class please check out this link - they have covered all of my areas of concern (please see the copyright statement on the pattern).
Please also check the size of the child’s head (if possible) for an even better fit.
The largest size in worsted fits my 4.5 yr old neice and my 19 yr old daughter - head sizes vary and good wool is very forgiving!
If you wish to knit a larger size please click the “projects” tab at the top of this page then search “adult”, there are many projects with helpful notes.