Baby Elephant Amigurumi Toy Animal
This little baby elephant is certainly no Dombo ! ;-)
This PDF pattern describes in US terms how to crochet a baby elephant amigurumi as shown on picture. The elephant is mostly worked in continuous rounds.
Finished size will be approx. 8” (20 cm) tall in sitting position, crocheted using acrylic yarn (heavy DK - 8 ply), with hook size E (3.5 mm).
If you wish to make a taller or smaller version of this amigurumi, you can just use thicker or thinner yarn / crochet hook. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn.
Gauge is not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so the stuffing will not show through the stitches.
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn: grey (approx. 100 gr, 260 m / 285 yds), small amounts of dark brown and soft pink
- Fiberfill stuffing, safety eyes 9 mm, chenille wire approx. 9” (22 cm) long
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, optional: small amount of white felt
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, bobble stitch (instruction included), increasing, decreasing
Skill level: advanced beginner
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in english, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment. There is also a printer friendly version included.
Français : Modèle de langue Français est sur PDF et est immédiatement téléchargeable après paiement reçu.