Baby Fox Leggings
Foxy legwarmers are knit in the round with 4.0mm knitting needles. This is an advanced pattern, using three colors at once for most of the fox section. A picture tutorial of the eyes and of the ears is provided in the pattern.
- K - knit stitch
- P - purl stitch
- Using the cable technique for one stitch
- K2tog - knit two stitches together like they are one stitch
- M1 - knit one front back to make two stitches in place of one
- M2 - knit one front, back, front to make three stitches in place of one
Gauge is 5 stitches an inch when working colorwork in the round.
Small legging measures 7 inches from top to bottom. The top colorwork is 3.5 inches when measured horizontally flat and the bottom measures 3 inches. One repeat of chart A (one fox) measures 1.5 inches. One repeat of chat B (one fox) measures 1.75 inches. (horizontally)
Size shown is small, on my 6m old baby.
Things You Need
- Size 4.0mm knitting needle for size small
- Size 4.5mm knitting needle for size med
- Worsted weight yarn. 100 yards in base color, 50 yards in fox color, and 25 in black and 25 in white will leave you with a lot of yarn left over.