Bellatrix is a soft, warm and lightweight top with a simple but fitted shape.
Knitted in one piece using the contiguous method developed by Susie Myers.
Sensual but conservatively so, with very simple shape and a little play with colour contrasts.
- Difficulty: Advanced Beginner
- Techniques: simple increases (KFB, lifted increases) and decreases (P2T, K2T, SSK…), simple cabling, knitting flat and in the round.
- Yarn: Rowan’s Kidsilk Night in Macbeth (app 680yds), Rowan’s Kidsilk Night in Starlight (app 100yds) and Laceweight Cashmere held double (app. 1000yds total).
- Sizes 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48 and 50 (to fit bust, in inches)
- Gauge (after blocking): 18sts/4” in St st in Lace Mohair,
- Needle suggested: 4 mm
- Suggested yarn: Lace mohair with (E.g. Debbie Bliss Party Angel) or without (E.g. KnitPicks’ Aloft) sparkle, and laceweight or fingering weight yarn.