If you have a weakness for amazing-colored sock yarn and a known aversion to knitting socks, what are you to do? Knit yourself a Bloc! Contrasting cuffs shaped with short rows and a garter stitch edging at the collar set off that sock yarn from a straightforward body with a round yoke that doesn’t distract from the gorgeous color blocking.
What you’ll love about knitting Bloc Pulli:
- Short-row shaping on the long cuffs is fun to work
- Sometimes you want a bit of in-the-round comfort knitting - you’ve got it! Nary a purl in sight (just three purl half rows to raise the back of the neck)
- Sideways-knit collar means no tight (or fiddly) bindoff plus you’ve mastered a wonderful and useful technique
What you’ll love about wearing Bloc Pulli:
- Color blocking!
- Lightweight yarn makes this a great multi-season sweater you’ll reach for all the time
- Though not fitted in the body, the properly-sized yoke ensures you’ll look pulled together
Women’s XS, S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X (shown in size M with 4” ease)
Chest circumference: 32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56 inches
- MC: Harrisville Designs Shetland (100% Wool; 217 yards/198 Meters per 50 gram skein); color: Midnight; 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7 skeins
- CC: Madeline Tosh Tosh Sock (100% Superwash Merino; 395 yards/361 meters per 114 gram skein); color: Tomato; 1 skein for all sizes (50g skein of fingering-weight yarn is sufficient for XS, S, and M sizes)
- US3/3.25mm 29-inch circular needle
- US6/4.0mm 29-inch circular needle
- Set of US6/4.0mm DPNs
- Waste yarn or stitch holders
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
20 sts x 28 rows = 4 inches in MC in Stockinette stitch on larger needle
24 sts x 48 rows (24 ridges) = 4 inches in CC in Garter stitch on smaller needle
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Bloc Pulli is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern.