Note: Several people have reported errors with the book version of this pattern - errata apparently available direct from Herrschners.
From the description: This stellar afghan requires several steps, but the stitches are easy granny-square variations. Start with basic granny squares and then work outward from the center medallion.
Materials: Worsted-weight acrylic yarn, approximately:
- 17.5 ounces (990 yards / 905 meters) light blue, MC
- 10.5 ounces (595 yards / 544 meters) blue, A
- 17.5 ounces (990 yards / 905 meters) navy, B
- 17.5 ounces (990 yards / 905 meters) cream, C
- 14 ounces (700 yards / 640 meters) blue-and-cream multicolored, D
- Size G crochet hook or size to obtain gauge This book identifies a G hook as 4.25 mm.
- Yarn needle
Gauge: Granny square = 7” / 17.8 cm
The pattern begins on page 16.