Bouquet de Fleurs Hats with Detachable Flowers
Turn either of these two pretty basic-and-easy-to-crochet hats into a playful statement by adding your own lovely details! A great addition for any outfit, season, holiday, portrait and photo prop - you name it! Both hats are worked in rounds with simple sc and dc rows, and then the magic begins…
IMAGINE THIS: Pink hat features a brim with brimlock and white buttons sewn in “polka dots” pattern. Tiny white flowers crocheted around hair elastic ring and can be easily attached onto buttons. Imagine this hat with colorful buttons or flowers crocheted in different colors and even in different styles. Just make sure to allow your little princess to decorate her own hat! White hat features lace up details and detachable crocheted flowers. Even if the white hat designed with Easter in mind, it is sure to become the perfect addition to many other occasions and outfits. Just crochet it in fall shades or make it in some bold summer colors - the possibilities are endless with these unique and so playful hats!
Small/Child (Medium/Youth, Large/Adult)
Samples shown are size Medium/Youth.
16.5 (20, 23)” (42 51, 58.5 cm) circumference.
Dk weight (#3 Light).
Option 1: Cascade Yarns Sunseeker (48% acrylic, 47cotton, 5% metallic yarn; 237.3 yd 217 m/3.5 oz 100 g): 1 hank each of #02 Pink and #35 White.
Option 2: Cascade Yarns Sunseeker (48% acrylic, 47cotton, 5% metallic yarn; 237.3 yd 217 m/3.5 oz 100 g): 1 hank of #35 White.
Thread weight (#0 Lace).
Option 1: DMC Cotton Perle 5 (100% cotton; 27 yd 25 m/5 g): 1 hank of #648 white.
Option 2: DMC Six Strand Embroidery Floss (100% cotton; 8.7 yd 8 m): 1 hank of #704 green.
Size D/3 (3.25 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge; steel hook size 7 (1.65 mm)
• Option 1: 16 (16, 20) size 5/8” (16 mm) white buttons (shown: Crafting with Buttons by BlumenthalLansing company, item #570000015)
• Option 2: 9 (11, 23) size 3/8” (9 mm) pearl buttons (shown: La Mode, style #4612)
• Option 2: 3 yd (2.7 m) size 3/8” (9 mm) multi green satin ribbon
• Sewing needle and coordinating thread
• Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
17 sts x 17 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Hat pattern.
Take time to check gauge.
- This eBook involves crochet skills only. 22 pages, 5 photos, 8 crochet stitch diagrams, 2 schematics, 2 tutorials, technical pages: Glossary, Magic Ring Tutorial, Reverse Single Crochet Tutorial, Conversion charts charts, Yarn Substitution Chart.
COPYRIGHT: All graphics, template and photos are copyrighted. All rights reserved. Please be respectful of the designer’s rights to this pattern.
No portion of this work may be photocopied or reproduced by any means without written authorization from Alla Koval Designs.
Unauthorized distribution or duplication is a violation of applicable laws. You are more than welcome to sell items made from AllaKovalDesigns™ patterns. Credit to the designer is greatly appreciated (example: pattern is designed by www.AllaKovalDesigns.com) but not required.