Pattern Description from Interweave Knits, Fall 2008: “Alina Khasanova’s Braided Pullover combines a streamlined silhouette, richly draping fabric, and one spectacular cable set into a bias panel for an effect that is pared-down but luxurious, sweetly vintage but very up-to-date.”
Finished Size: 35½ (40, 44½, 49, 52½)” bust circumference.
Yarn: Skacel Collection Divine (70% baby alpaca, 20% silk, 10% cashmere; 110 yd 100 m/50 g): #02 camel, 10 (12, 13, 14, 15) balls.
- Lower body rib and cuffs—size 6 (4 mm): 24” circular (cir) and set of 4 or 5 double-pointed (dpn).
- Body and sleeves—size 7 (4.5 mm): 24” and 16” cir, set of 4 or 5 dpn.
- Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain gauge.
- 24½ sts and 26 rows/rnds = 4” in 2×2 rib on larger needles;
- 22 sts of braid cable from chart = 2¾” wide on larger needles
- The lower body is worked in the round to the base of the V-neck, then worked back and forth in rows beginning and ending at center front to shape the V. The fronts are divided from the back at the armholes, and each front and the back are worked separately to the shoulders.
- Measure body length straight up along a vertical column of stitches, not along the slanted edges of the traveling cable panel.
- When working in the round, read all rows of the cable chart from right to left as right-side rounds. After dividing for the V-neck, read all even-numbered chart rows from left to right as wrong-side rows.