Pattern description from Interweave Knits, Spring 2006: “This jacket makes an updated showcase for classic Aran patterns. Time-saving features include stockinette-stitch pocket linings that double as gauge swatches and bands worked in as you go. Roomy pockets and a cozy shawl collar provide extra warmth, and a luxurious cashmere-blend yarn makes this jacket the perfect outer layer on a breezy spring day.”
Finished Size: 35 (40.5, 44, 48, 51.5)” (89 103, 113, 122, 131 cm) bust/chest circumference, buttoned, after blocking.
Notions: 2 cable needles (cn); markers (m); removable markers; stitch holders; tapestry needle; seven 5/8” (1/6-cm) buttons.
- 18 sts and 23 rows = 4” (10 cm) in St st for pocket linings
- 9-st rope cables from from charts measure 1.25” (3.2 cm) wide
- 29-st outlined diamond patts from charts measure 5.25” (13.5 cm) wide.
Notes from Interweave Knits, Spring 2006:
- “Instead of working a separate gauge swatch in box stitch, work a pocket lining in stockinette stitch using the suggested needles. The 23 stitches and 33 rows of the lining should measure about 5” (12.5 cm) wide and 5.75” (14.5 cm) tall. If your lining doesn’t turn out to have the correct dimensions, it will still work; it is not necessary to rip it out. Just adjust needle sized and try again with the second pocket lining.”
- “Work all increases and decreases just inside the selvedge stitches.”