Pattern is also available in print from above link.
Finished Chest Measurement:
34 (38, 42, 46, 50, 54) in / 86.5 (96.5, 117, 127, 137) cm
Gauge: 16 sts and 24 rows over 4 in / 10 cm in stockinette stitch
19 sts and 31 rows over 4 in / 10 cm in Cable Weave Pattern
Yarn requirements: Mountain Mohair – 8 (9, 10, 11, 12, 13) skeins
Needles: size 7 US / 4.5 mm circular, 24 in / 60 cm or 29 in / 80 cm long
double pointed needles, size 7 US / 4.5 mm OR size 7 US / 4.5 mm circular, 16 in / 40 cm long
- Information here is from the Green Mountain Spinnery Knitting Book. It is not known if there are differences in the downloadable version.
- "Designer Lisa Lloyd enjoys creating garments that are suited to all knitting abilities and won't go out of style. The Cable Weave Pullover features an easily memorized cable pattern that will challenge a beginner yet hold the interest of experienced knitters."
- Six unisex sizes are offered ranging from 34 inches (86cm) to 54 inches (137cm) finished chest measurement. A detailed schematic offers other key measurements.
- Two options are given a longer sweater with cabling covering approximately 2/3 of the length and a shorter version shown in the featured photo with cables extending only to the base of the armholes.
- The sweater is knit in the round to the armholes and back and forth for the remainder of the body. Stitches are picked up and the sleeves are knit in the round downwards from the armholes.
- The cable pattern is shown in an easy to read chart with a key explaining the symbols.
- Double pointed needles and circular needles in both 16 and 24-29 inch length are required.
- Described by the editors as "intermediate" in skill required, this would be a good first cable project.