This top fits to an American Girl doll size and any comparable 18” doll.
The top / cardigan has TOP-DOWN seamless construction - no sewing required except for weaving loose ends. The top can be worn both as a top or a cardigan. The hat is knitted in a round, no seams and sewing required as well. This is a quick 3 - 4 hour project; great for last minute gifts.
SIZES: One size – to fit 18” doll
• 160yd/ 175m of any medium weight (worsted) yarn.
I used TLC Cotton Plus (51% Cotton, 49% Acrylic) in color #3707 medium rose
• One pair of US size #6 (4mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN CORRECT GAUGE
• One set of dpn US size #6 (4mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN CORRECT GAUGE
• One F/5 – 3.75mm size hook
• 4 stitch markers (m)
• Stitch holders (or scrap yarn)
• Tapestry needle
• 5 buttons
• 20 sts and 30 rows = 4” square over St st using US size #6 (4mm)
• 20 sts and 30 rows = 4” square over Traveling Eyelet patt using US size #6 (4mm)
For the other American Girl (18” doll) patterns of the sets pictured in the last 2 photos, please see my other listings.