Candy Cane Hat
Pattern description from Handknit Holidays: “Knitting these hats, striped in swirls as colorful as old fashioned candy, is a unique way to get into the holiday spirit. Designer Penny Kolb remembers her mother making similar hats every Christmas for just about everyone: her children, her nephew, the neighborhood kids, and eventually her grandchildren and great-nephews.”
Finished Measurements: To fit Baby (Child, Woman, Man) Finished hat circumference 16.5 (18.5, 21, 23)”
- Mission Falls 1824 Wool (100% wool; 85 yards / 50 grams); 1 (1, 2, 2) skeins each in 2 colors: A and B
- Shown in book in #028 pistachio (green) and #008 earth (brown); #025 mallow (pink) and #008 earth (brown); and #021 denim and #004 charcoal
- One 16” circular (circ) needle size US 6 (4 mm)
- One set of five double-pointed needles (dpn) size US 6 (4 mm)
- Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Notions: Stitch marker, yarn needle
Under Crown Shaping, Round 1 should read: K1, * skp, k4; repeat from * to last 5 sts, skp, k3.