Save 25% on this pattern during the Indie Holiday Gift-A-Long Sale, starting at 8 pm EST 11/19 through midnight EST 11/27. Use the coupon code giftalong2015.
Join the Ravelry group here to share your yarn choices, knitting progress and show off your finished projects
A medium-weight lace stole featuring Japanese lace designs. The stole is worked in two pieces from bottom edge to centre back and then grafted together. The 15 page pattern includes both charts and written instructions, as well as a photo tutorial for one of the stitches.
Information is also provided on gauge/size to work this design in fingering or lace-weight yarn.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Yarn: 1,500 yards of DK weight, silk/wool blend yarn with a gauge of 5.5 sts/inch; preferably in a semi-solid or solid colour.
Sample: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool (45% Wool, 35% Silk, 20% Nylon, 192 yds / 175 m per 50 gram skein); colour 58, Columbine, 7 skeins. Tutorial samples knit in colour 14, Sweet Green.
Finished Size: 23” wide x 77” long (57.5 cm x 192.5 cm), after blocking
Other possible yarns:
- Fiddlesticks Knitting Silk Sensation (100% Silk, 125 yds / 114 m per 50 gram skein).
- Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3 ply (65% Wool, 35% Silk, 251 yds / 230 m per 100 gram skein).
- Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed DK (85% Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere, 147 yds / 134 m per 50 gram skein).
- Harrisville Designs Silk & Wool Yarns (50% Wool, 50% Silk, 175 yds / 160 m per 50 gram skein).
- Gepard Garn SoftWoolSilk (65% Merino Wool, 35% Silk, 191 yds / 175 m per 50 gram skein).
- Stitch markers (6)
- Glow line tape (to mark current row on chart)
- Fine cotton thread in contrasting colour for life-lines
- Tapestry needle
- Waste yarn in constrasting colour for grafting rows
- Stitch holder(s) or waste yarn to hold first half of stole
- Increasing and decreasing
- Following complex charts
Hard (paper) copies of this pattern can be ordered from Shall We Knit?