Pattern Description from MarnieMacLean.com: “Carlsbad is a city in the San Diego area of California. Mild temperatures and beautiful beaches can be found year round. Sometimes, the ocean breeze is just cool enough to warrant a hat, but one that is light and breathable.
The Carlsbad hat is constructed largely as the Pismo Hat is. It’s a tight fitting beanie knit with fine gauge cotton yarn and using paired decreases for a professional finish. Where the Carlsbad hat differs is in it’s weight. Knit in stockinette instead of ribbing, it’s a hat you can forget you are wearing. The fabric is light, thin and cool and being cotton, it won’t cause sensitive skin to itch.”
- 1 skein of Idena Bambino Bomull or another baby cotton in color of choice.
- Optional: scraps of contrasting color for stripe(s)
- US #1 needles (flat or circular)
- 6 stitch markers (SM)
- Tapestry needles
Gauge: In stockinette 32 stitches x 48 rows = 4”
Sizes: S (M, L)
Finished Circumference: 18” (19.5”, 21”)
- If you wish to modify for a different size, add or subtract stitches in multiples of 6.
- To determine best size, measure circumference of head. If in between, go down a size.