Cat Conference Hat
Twisted stitches look incredibly elegant popping off the purled background and are most common in Austrian cabled patterns, which inspired this hat. Worked from the brim up with verticals growing organically into the main body and further into the domes of the crown.
The stitch pattern is both, charted and written out for your convenience.
- Size To fit head circumference 45.5 (49, 52.5, 56, 59) cm / 18 (19¼, 20¾, 22, 23¼) in
- Finished Measurements Head circumference: 40.5 (44, 47.5, 51, 54) cm / 16 (17¼, 18¾, 20, 21¼) in Sample shown in third size 47.5 cm / 18¾ in
- Yarn Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts 100% Blue Faced Leicester DK (225m / 247yds, 100g / 3.5oz.) – 1 skein. Sample shown in Blue Persian.
- Needles and Notions 4mm (US6) short circular needle 4mm (US6) set of double pointed needles 3.75mm (US5) short circular needle Stitch marker, cable needle (cn) and tapestry needle
- Gauge 24 sts and 30 rnds = 10cm / 4 in worked in Stocking (Stockinette) stitch using larger needle – used as a reference only Each pattern repeat (12 sts and 16 rnds) measures 4.5cm / 1 ¾ in wide by 5.5cm / 2 ¼ in tall after blocking Adjust needle sizes if needed to get the correct gauge