From the book’s description: This basic hat can be knitted very quickly, and then it becomes a blank canvas for unleashing creativity. For a girly feel, embellish the hat with buttons and flowers; alternatively, add dramatic pom-poms. Let your imagination take hold - scour the bottom of your sewing basket or knitting stash, knit strips, add laisy daisies, sew on beads… Make this hat as individual as you are.
Includes instructions to make beanie embellished with buttons and flowers, or beanie with pom-poms.
Finished Measurements: 20.25” (51.5 cm) circumference, to fit an average female head.
Yarn: Worsted weight (#4 Medium)
- Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran (55% merino wool, 10% cashmere, 35% microfiber; 83 yd 76 m/50 g):
- Beanie with pom-poms: #2 sky (blue, MC), 2 balls, and #6 lime (for pom-poms), 1 ball.
- Embellished beanie: #14 biscuit (tan, MC), 2 balls.
Needles: U.S. size 6 (4 mm) and U.S. size 7 (4.5 mm). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Both hats: Tapestry needle.
- Pom-pom beanie only: Size G/6 (4 mm) crochet hook.
- Embellished beanie only: Sewing needle and thread; about 40 mother of pearl buttons; about 12 small fabric flowers; small flower bouquet; 12” (30.5 cm) length of 1/4” (6 mm) ribbon.