This pattern is currently on hiatus and awaiting a re-format. If you’d like to knit it and are impatient, please let me know and I’ll try to get it into the rotation asap! Many thanks.
This is a warm cabled hat pattern to carry you through the cooler months in classic style! The Chalet Cap is an ideal project to practice some basic yet fabulous twisted-stitch travelling cable patterns on a small, cozy canvas.
It is also a fantastic project for a single skein of worsted weight wool in your preferred colour. Sample shown in Cascade 220 worsted.
Pattern also includes instructions for working cables without a cable needle!
Thank you to Lisa Huzel for modeling, and Maureen Hannon for technical editing.
• Cascade 220 or Cascade 220 Heathers 100% highland wool, 220yards/201m per 100g skein, 1 skein (sample shown in #7803, magenta)
OR your preferred worsted weight wool yarn
• 5.0mm/US 8 16” circular needle
• 4.0mm/US 6 16” circular needle
• 5.0mm/US 8 set of 4-5 double-pointed needles, OR long circular if Magic Loop is preferred
• Stitch marker
• Tapestry needle
• Cable needle (if working cables with cable needle)
• S(L) to fit head circumference 20-21(22-23) ins around.
• Finished hat measures 7(8) ins in length from top to bottom, unstretched.
• 16 sts/24 rows 4 ins on stockinette over 5.0mm needles
• If in doubt, take time to save time and work a small gauge swatch in the round
• 1 repeat of Main Chart measures 3.5 ins across, 1.5 ins high, on 5.0mm/US8 needles
To execute this pattern, knitters will be required to:
• Work in the round
• Work ktbl and purl sts
• Work cable twists, with or without a cable needle
• Work increases and decreases