- two surfaces that meet at an angle other than 90 degrees
These are more fun than they have any right to be. The stitch pattern is marvelously orderly and easy to memorize (which means they’re way easier than they look, which is always a plus). And I know I shouldn’t be so easily amused, but I really do love how nicely the cuff and toe flow from the main stitch pattern. Tell me I’m not alone in thinking that’s vital to true sock happiness!
Of course a good pair of socks can’t just be pretty and fun to make, they need to fit well too. And these totally do. The lace is delightfully stretchy and the ribbing provides just the right amount of structure. The combination works perfectly.
I suspect these will become a favorite, always at the top of your sock drawer!
These are perfect for you if:
- You’re looking for a really good fit
- You want to scratch that lace itch without being too frilly
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)