Charlotte St. Cowl
A quick lacy cowl is always in style, no matter what the season! The Charlotte St. cowl is an ideal choice for a spring or fall accessory indoors and out, or as a pretty layer around your neck at any time when you need just a little something extra.
Choose your favourite colour of Tanis Fiber Arts cashmere sock, or your preferred fingering weight or sport weight wool, superwash wool, or wool/cashmere blend yarn.
(This is a ‘sister’ pattern to the Charlotte St. fingerless mitts pattern, also available as part of the Urban Collection, vol 2.)
• Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label sock 70% superwash merino/20% cashmere/10% nylon, 365m/400yds per 115g/4oz skein, 1 skein, shown in ‘brick’
OR preferred fingering weight or sport weight wool or wool/cashmere blend that works with pattern gauge
• 4.5mm/US 7 16” circular needle, OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• 5.0mm/US 8 16” circular needle, OR needle one size smaller than that required to obtain gauge
• stitch marker
• tapestry needle
• 6 sts and 12 rounds in lace pattern on 4.5mm needles measures 1.25 ins wide and 1.5 ins high, in the round, when laid flat.
• 20 sts and 34 rounds over 4 ins in stockinette stitch on 4.5mm needles
• Finished cowl measures 26” in circumference and 8.5” high.
• Size may be adjusted by changing the number of pattern repeats, OR by changing needle size for a more snug or loose fit.
• TWO additional sizes are suggested as pattern modifications, in pattern notes, for MEDIUM size 39” circumference and 12” high, and a LONG size 50” circumference and 8.5” high.
• Working in the round
• Working knit, purl, and basic lace stitches including yarnovers, single and double decreases
• Working from a charted pattern