Caroline Ave. Shawl
A knitter always needs a few little shawls and scarves – whether as elegant accessories or practical light layers. Even when the winter gets a bit warmer, sometimes the indoor air-conditioning or outdoor breeze can strike when you least expect it! This elongated crescent-shaped shawl is here to add to your accessories basket for whenever you need it.
This shawl is knitted from the top town, starting with the top edge. The crescent shape is formed with short rows, and the lace edge worked outwards from the body. Uses one skein of your favourite colour of Tanis Fiber Arts Red Label, or your preferred fingering or sport weight luxury wool blend.
• Tanis Fiber Arts Red Label cashmere/silk 75% merino/15% cashmere/10% silk, 385m/420yds per 115g/4oz skein, 1 skein, shown in ‘olive
• 4.0mm/US #6 24-inch circular needles, OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• 3.5mm/US #4 24-inch circular needles
• 4.5mm/US #7 24-inch circular needles
• stitch markers
• tapestry needle
• blocking pins (and blocking surface)
• 6 sts/9 rows over 1 inch in stockinette stitch, on 4.0mm/US #6 needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• Working knit, purl, and basic lace stitches including yarnovers, single and double decreases
• Working from a charted pattern
• Finished shawl measures 60” in width (wingspan) and 15” high at centre, after blocking.