Elegant to wear around town but comfortable enough for home, the Chatelaine cardigan is a versatile piece for your fall and winter wardrobe. Featuring a simple stockinette foundation but accented with twisted ribbing and fine cable
panels on the front, this cardigan is approachable for a variety of knitters. Choose Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK as shown, or your favourite DK weight wool.
This cardigan is worked in pieces from the bottom up and then seamed before working the button-band and collar, and includes set-in sleeves and waist shaping for a modern fit.
• Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK 100% superwash merino wool, 225 yds/206m per 40 oz/110g skein, 6(6, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9,
10) skeins (shown in ‘sequoia’) OR your preferred DK-weight wool yarn which knits to gauge
• 4.0mm/US6 needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• 3.75mm/US5 needles OR needle size one size smaller than that required to obtain gauge
• Cable needle
• Tapestry needle
• Stitch markers
• 8 Buttons, ½ inch wide, OR preferred number of buttons for final sweater
• 21 sts/32 rows in 4 ins/10cm over stockinette stitch, on 4.0mm needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• 5.25 sts/8 rows per inch
• Take time to save time: knit and wash a swatch to check gauge before casting on
• XS(S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL)
• Garment measures 34(37, 40, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55) ins/84(91.5, 99, 106.5, 114.5, 122, 129.5, 137)cm around at bust when worn closed.
• Intended to be work with 1-3 ins/2.5- 7.5cm of positive ease, or to preferred comfort.
• Working knit and purl, increases and decreases
• Working cabled and twisted stitches
• Sewing seams
• Picking up stitches
• Working buttonholes