Jackson Creek Cardigan
Until midnight July 31st, use coupon code HAPPYJULY (one coupon per user) to receive 20 % off your purchase of any individual pattern(s) available from my Ravelry store.
In Peterborough, Ontario, one of my favourite knitting towns, the Jackson Creek trail is one of the recreational trails that runs from the heart of the downtown out through the quiet parks, marshes, and rural routes surrounding the city. It’s the place to be when spring arrives and the snow melts!
Keep the cable love going all year long with this comfortable cardi! Featuring a scoop-neck, ¾ sleeves, and mirrored cable panels at the inside of the fronts with comfy stockinette stitch on sleeves and back. Worked in pieces from the bottom up and seamed. Choose your favourite colour of Tanis Fiber Arts DK, or your preferred DK-weight wool or wool blend at 5.5 sts/inch.
This pattern uses CHARTS for the cable patterns.
Sample shown in 38” bust size, on a 5’11” knitter.
• Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label DK 100% superwash merino, 238m/260yds per 115g/4oz skein 4(4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 8) skeins, shown in ‘sand’
• 3.75mm/US #5 needles, OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• 3.5mm/US #4 needles, OR needle one size smaller than that required to obtain gauge
• cable needle
• tapestry needle
• 8 3/4-inch buttons
• Stitch markers
• Sweater measures 32(35, 38, 41, 44, 47, 50, 53) ins around at bust when worn closed.
• Intended to be worn fitted (zero ease at bust is recommended), OR to preferred comfort (between 2 ins negative ease and 2 ins positive ease).
• 22 sts/30 rows over 4 ins in stockinette stitch, on 3.75mm/US #5 needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• Working from a charted pattern
• Executing cable stitches, with or without a cable needle
• Seaming together garment from flat pieces
• Picking up stitches (for buttonband and collar)
• Working button-holes