Chicken Eggs - Easter Egg - Amigurumi
Make yourself some colorful Easter eggs to decorate your house, go egg hunting with your toddlers or make a colorful basketful to give as a gift. Or use a white or brown yarn for a more realistic-looking play food.
About 6 cm (2.4 in) high and 4,5 cm (1.8 in) wide with sport weight cotton yarn and a 1,75 mm crochet hook.
You should know how to crochet single crochet stitches (double crochet in the UK), start a piece with an adjustable loop, increase, decrease, finish a closed piece, and hide yarn tails. If you have not mastered them yet, take a look at my tutorials library.
You will need
- Yarn. I used sport weight cotton yarn, 125 m = 50 g (135 yd = 50 g) / 4 ply / 14 wpi (Madame Tricote ”Camilla”, Steinbach Wolle “Capri”), but any yarn can be used. You will need about 6-10 g of yarn for each egg.
- 1,75 mm crochet hook or according to the yarn.
- Polyester fiberfill, wool, wadding etc. for stuffing.
- Scissors, yarn needle, stitch marker.
- Beads, buttons, embroidery floss, ribbon etc. for decorating, thread and sewing needle.
You are welcome to join our Ravelry group Sidrun’s Crocheted Critters. This is a small and friendly community where you can ask questions about patterns and techniques, give feedback, show off your work or just chat with other crochet addicts and toy enthusiasts.