The design includes
- Peruvian punta cast on with crochet chain edging
- Checkerboard garter stitch on cuff
- How to eliminate the jog in circular knitting
- Checkerboard garter stitch flap heel
- Wedge toe
- Pattern is knit from the cuff down in the round.
- Directions are written for one circular needle, but can be worked on two circulars or double pointed needles as preferred
- Charted patterns
- 15 page pattern
Chuncho means forest dwellers (or forest creatures) in Quechua; the language of the Incas.
The main section of the sock is made up of “tocapus”; little blocks of alternating colours (dark on light/light on dark), with animal figures on each. Tocapus are pictograms used by Incas to decorate textiles and ceramics. Some scholars believe that tocapus were a form of written language. Each sock features 18 different tocapus.