Ciao Bella Knitter's Tote
Featured in The Fiber Factor Knit Along - March 2014.
Follow the Knit Along Here!
Created for Challenge 6 of the 2013 Fiber Factor.
Here is what you’ll need:
Original Bag (pictured)
HiKoo Simplicity – 6 (50g) hanks of a solid color. (The original bag used 5 hanks of Color #46 Crimson, but with only inches to spare.)
Schoppel Zauberwolle – 3 (100g) balls of this slowly progressing ombre yarn. (The original bag used Color #1508.)
Optional Bag (Using Only HiKoo Simplicity)
HiKoo Simplicity - 14 total hanks – 6 (50g) hanks of one color (to be used where Crimson color was used in the original bag), and 8 (50g) hanks of another color (to be used where the gray ombre yarn was used in the original bag).
- 3 identical Jul Florentine hinges
- 2, 47 inch (or longer) 3.5 mm (US #4) circular needles a shorter #4 circular is nice if you object to having a lot of cord slack when working smaller items. Technically, it’s not needed but I certainly liked being able to swap out the cable easily with the clicks!
- #4 dpns may come in handy if you’re making I-cord (you could also purchase cord or use an I-cord machine…you’ll need 8 feet so making it by hand will be tedious!!!!)
- a knit picker
- 2 yards (20 inch wide) sew-in, heavy weight or extra firm interfacing
- .5 yards coordinating fabric
- 1 heavy weight, molded, non-separating zipper (not metal) for easier cutting (will be cut to 10 inches)
(For Patterns purchased and printed before March 26, 2014.)
Back of Compartment 1 should read:
Row 1 (RS): P1, k39, p1, SM, p2tog, turn.
Row 2: Sl1, SM, k1, p39, k1, SM, k2tog, turn.
Row 3: Sl1, SM, p1, k39, p1, SM, p2tog, turn.
Row 4: Rep row 2.
Rows 5 - 80: Rep rows 3 & 4 another 38x = 84 sts (41 each on top and bottom and 1 on each side).
Row 1 (RS): Using 1 strand of C2, k11, p3, k10, p3, k14.
Row 2: K4, p7, (k3, p10) 2x, k4.
Row 3 - 40: Rep Rows 1 & 2 another 19x.
Row 41: K41.
Row 42: P41.
Row 43: K4, p7, (k3, p10) 2x, k4.
Row 44: K11, p3, k10, p3, k14.
Rows 45 - 74: Rep 43 & 44 another 15x. Break yarn.
Rows 75 & 76: Using 1 strand of C1, rep Rows 43 & 44 once more.
Side of Compartment 2
Row 20: Rep Row 2.
The measurements for the bag bottom in the interfacing cutting diagram should be 10X12.
Top of bag
The pick ups on the top of the bag between Markers F and G should read (G was positioned incorrectly)
□ PUK 6 sts in the final purl of the first 6 garter ridges, PM (F);
□ PUK 4 sts in the final purl of the remaining 4 garter ridges;
□ PUK 1 stitch in Row 21 of Compartment 2;
□ PUK 1 stitch in the three needle bind off joining compartments;
□ PUK 1 stitch in Rnd 15 of Compartment 1, PM (G);
Rows 3 - 12: Rep Row 2 another 10x.