Claude the Octopus
Claude the Octopus lives in a large cave under the sea, where he tends his award winning sea garden. On weekends he hunts high and low for new star fish to add to his collection. He’s sure he’d have the biggest collection around, if his samples didn’t keep wandering off.
Claude is rather large, his head measures about 9 inches / 23 cm in height and he spans 45 inches/ 115 cm across, from tentacle tip to tip using an Aran weight yarn. However, he can be made from any weight yarn and appropriate hook for different sizes. This is not a pattern for beginners, but it is an easy pattern to follow with plenty of photos, and if you run in to any problems you will always be welcome to contact me for any extra help.
This pattern is available in US and UK Terminology and you will receive a download link to both files.
This is an Advanced skilled pattern as stitches required include:
• Slip Stitch
• Chain Stitch
• Double Crochet (UK) Single Crochet (US)
• Half Treble Crochet (UK) Half Double Crochet (US)
• Treble Crochet (UK) Double Crochet (US)
• Treble Cluster (UK) Double Cluster (US) This stitch is explained in the pattern
• 300g/450m of Aran weight yarn in Main Colour (I used Light Blue)
• 150g/225m of Aran weight yarn in Contrast Colour 1 (I used White)
• 60g/90m of Aran weight yarn in Contrast Colour 2 (I used Orange)
• 60g/90m of Aran weight yarn in Contrast Colour 3 (I used Dark Blue)
• 4mm (G) crochet hook
• 2 x safety eyes (I used 24mm)
• Toy filling
• Yarn needle
• Stitch markers