Color Block Cardigan
A very easy top-down, no seaming cardigan with waterfall front and fun color block.
Both fronts are knitted with reverse stockinette stitch. This will add an interesting look into a simple cardigan.
Side shaping and back darts create a very flattering fit.
The picture shown is Three-quater fitted sleeves. The instruction will give you 3 choices of sleeve design: Fitted three-quater , Loose three-quater or Full length.
- The sample is knitted with Shibui Linen. This yarn drapes beautifully after blocking and softens up over the time. Blocking also will make stitches flatter and will stretch both sideways and lengthways.
- You could knit this cardigan with fingering (open gauge), sport (open gauge), DK or light worsted weight of yarn, but please note that it will drape differently from the photo (open gauge).
- If you choose to knit with fingering or sport weight yarn, you should avoid using the yarns which will grow lengthways. Those yarns won’t keep the shape with the open gauge.
- Yardage / Shibui Linien (50g/ 246yards)
S(M, L, XL)
Main color - 2(3,3,4)skein
Contrasting color - 1(1,1,2)skein
All with one color - approx. 650(800, 950, 1100)yards.
To fit bust size:
S/32”~34” M/36”~38” L/40”~42” XL/44”~46”
Finished width at back: S/17” M/19” L/21” XL/23”
Length of back: S/21” M/21 ½” L/23 ¼” XL/23 ½”
Sleeve length: 13” (three-quarter)
cuffs: fitted S/9 ¼” M/10 ¼” L/10 ½” XL/11”
Loose S/10 ½” M/11 ½” L/12 ¼” XL/12 ½”
- If you wish to make this cardigan longer or full length sleeves, you will need more yardage.