Cozy Does It
NOW AVAILABLE IN WORSTED WEIGHT
The pattern has been updated and pushed out to all those who have previously purchased the pattern. Thank you for your continued support.
New purchases of the pattern will include both the original fingering weight and the new worsted weight instructions. It’s like 2 shawls for the price of 1!
I’m a huge fan of cozy knits - big, smooshy shawls and cowls that make you want to nuzzle down into them and just revel in the yarn.
This shawl is a big cozy knit, easy to memorize the pattern and just knit your way through a book, a movie, a road trip… anything that doesn’t require immediate use of your hands. The tassels finish it with just the right embellishment. All I think when I look at this thing is “cozy” and “that was easy”.
- Savvy Skeins Comal Sock (fingering weight; 80% superwash merino, 20% nylon; 400 yds/113g): 2 skeins: 1 skein ‘Red Tide’ (color A) 1 skein ‘Like My Heart’ (color B)
- US 5 (3.75mm) 24” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Malabrigo Rios (worsted weight; 100% superwash merino; 210 yds/100g): 2 skeins: 1 skein ‘Frank Ochre’ (color A) 1 skein ‘Hojas’ (color B)
- US 10 (6mm) 24” circular needle (or preferred length)
- Removable stitch marker
Fingering (Worsted): 65 (50) inches wide by 14¾ (12½) inches tall (length does not include tassels)
25 (18) sts and 38 (32) rows = 4 inches in garter stitch
- This shawl is constructed in a crescent shape and worked flat, from end to end. Written instructions are provided for the entirety of the shawl.
- Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- The cast-on and bind-off tails will be used to secure your tassels to the ends of each shawl. Before you cut the tails, ensure your tassels are secure! It is recommended to leave at least 6” tails at the beginning and end of the shawl.
- To save on yardage it is recommended to carry the colors loosely up the side of the work rather than breaking at each color change.
- Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.