Crochet Candy Ornaments
The Purl Bee’s festive Crochet Candy Ornaments evoke the spirit of classic lollipops and peppermint swirls. Simple circles are crocheted with Purl Soho’s soft and gentle Line Weight and colorful rings are embroidered with Koigu Premium Merino Needlepoint Yarn. Each ornament is also backed with a circle of Wool Felt to give it structure and year-after-year permanence.
- Main Yarn: 1 skein of Purl Soho’s Line Weight, 100% merino wool, color Heirloom White.
- Contrast Yarns: 5 skeins of Koigu Premium Merino Needlepoint Yarn, 100% merino wool, colors (shown from the left) 1145, 2229, 2332, 2334, and 2355.
- An 18 x 18-inch piece of Wollfilz’s 1 mm Wool Felt, color Ecru.
- A size B (2.5 mm) crochet hook
- An erasable fabric marker, like Clover’s Chaco Pen with Eraser
- An embroidery needle, like Clover’s Gold Eye Embroidery Needles (No. 3-8)
- A tapestry needle
- A hole puncher
NOTE: This is enough yarn and felt for at least two dozen ornaments!
Finished Diameter: 2 3/4 inches